Subject: Re: [ebsoa] ebSOA definition

Carl,

Perhaps we need to start with what it is not!

I just dug this note out again this evening in
response to some marketing blather someone
sent me a link to!

The stand-out phrases in which were the
following gems "SOA is IT finally expressed to a level where it is
meaningful to business people."
and "Since Web services abstract away most of their underlying technology,
very little techno-speak is required"
Before you laugh or cry - please read my synopsis below!

Seems like we need to answer some of the
tougher questions first - so that we can feel
comfortable about what value we are delivering
for people - and hopefully in the fullness of time
that will become to be seen as very substantial rather
than vague and ephemereal...

The challenge is now!

Cheers, DW.

Joe, David:

I don't know if you saw the presentation I posted at
http://www.ebpml.org/csfsoa.ppt

(Dave great definition of web service)

JJ-