Subject: Re: [ebsoa] [Comment: Section 2, Para 1] Re: [ebsoa] Recipes for Success

Joe,

In terms of our position statement and what we say SOA might
include in its mission profile - this stuff below fell into my
mailbox today too.  I would submit we need to
position ourselves so that we do not suffer academic obsolescence
right out the gate!  Clearly - whatever the aforementioned below
actually means (your guess is as good as mine!) - you can use
an ebSOA to implement it - and we need to make sure people
can make that connect.  Since these
words are extremely cheap at this 70,000 ft level - we may just
want to include them in some way - so that our customers don't
mistakenly go elsewhere looking for what they really need - aka
simple, proven and robust solution sets!

Now there's a radical thought - how about:

"ebSOA - a simple, proven and robust solution set for delivery
 of network based business systems and components".

Less could well be more!?!

DW.

<snip>How do the common "build" principles that power the Internet illumine
the
agile path from today's business process conversations to tomorrow's
business process components?  How do semantic technologies lightly abstract
and assemble shared meaning to sustain quality business conversations?
What distributed enterprise design tools accommodate the multiple forms of
expertise that need to be expressed and integrated in agile business
components within each Services life-cycle?  What can we learn from early
developers and early adopters?
</snip>