Subject: RE: [ebsoa] Clarification on Patterns

BPSS isn't a pattern language in the sense of what we are trying to
accomplish.  We need a common format, or approach, to specifying a pattern.
-matt

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 8:16 AM
To: Chiusano Joseph; ebSOA

Joe,

I would concur and humbly submit that the best pattern language
we have right now for our purposes may well be BPSS - in
creating patterns of eb processes that the SOA then
implements.

In the whole arena of BPM there is much work on patterns
of course - and right now I'm re-visiting some old "friends"
in terms of the activity diagrams and process flow
description work that was done by the Prolog community
that pre-dates pi-calculus - but for certain mission
profiles provide an excellent fit.  Horses for courses
though - and with all the work on legal business process
interactions that underpins the BPSS model - its hard
to find a better pattern system for the eb domain IMO.

DW