Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Ben's document

Duane,

OK - done - synopsis - this is the programmers eye-level view
that fits into that world of people using UML to create
enterprise integration applications with J2EE et al today.

So - in addition to this - following Ben's usage - we need
the SOA BUP - Business Use Patterns, as the overarching
view here - that introduces what ebSOA is all about -
and most important - how people can use SOA BUP
to develop their own solution rapidly.

That way we can dispense with the history lesson in
OO et al -(well OK - that's NTH - so we'll keep it
as an Appendix "The Evolution of SOA components").

The SOA BUP will allow business integration designers
to pick models and patterns, and create new patterns
for their own for industry uses.

Typical patterns would include:

1) Classic ebSOA - this is the ebXML pattern around BPM.

2) Holistic ebSOA - blends use of BPM with webservices.

3) POA - process-oriented architecture.

3) SOA - EAI service oriented architecture.

4) EPR - bespoke solution pattern(s) for particular
    sector domains - in this case eGovernment services
    and citizen-facing applications.

and so on.

What I'm chiefly after here is avoiding being button-holed.

Ben's approach to SOA - while good for todays programmers
can also suffer from rapid obsolescence - as witnessed from
people touting POA, and varients already today.  You are
then yesterdays news.

We need to have an adaptive model here - that can then
assimulate the latest in-vogue programming components
as they emerge.

Therefore POA with ebSOA patterns
keeps you right abreast of a new development. Hence
SOA BUP is essential IMO.   But more important
it allows you to precisely define what a POA is in
terms of your proven known value set of components.
An erector kit.

Thanks, DW