Subject: [Scope and Mission] Re: [ebsoa] Ben's document

Apologies if this was discussed on the call today, which I could not
participate in:

p.12, bottom states the following:

<Quote>
The ebSOA group may have been created as a response to the urgent
industry need to solve the B2B and EAI problems, or by the ebXML folks
as they are trying to upgrade their ebXML to newer versions. Whatever
the cause that was behind the creation of the ebSOA group, ebSOA group
should understand what is at stake here and the broader scope of its
mission. Therefore, ebSOA group should not consider itself as some sort
of extension to the ebXML efforts, or an extension to the Web services
eorts. If the ebSOA group follows this line of thinking (an extension
of ebXML and Web Services combined), the mission of ebSOA group would
fail and be very scope restrictive. The mission would then fail in
keeping up with Microsoft work and fail in being able to standardize the
next revolution of the Web. The “eb” in ebSOA should bear no whatsoever
relationship with the “eb” as in ebXML.
</Quote>

How does all of this compare with our charter and our agreed mission?

Thanks,
Joe

--
Kind Regards,