Subject: Re: [ebsoa] SOA BUP (was - Quick answers to David's questions)

Duane / Joe,

What I'm thinking of in terms of patterns is two layers - at
the top layer we literally specify just the component parts -
something like this:

Pattern 'A' - uses - Semantic Registry, Knowledge Agent,
 Context Driven Visualization, Persistence Store,
 Information Query-Response Process, Secure Messaging,
 User authorization portal, XQuery engine with RDF / OWL
 support.
 - SOA category - POA
 - description - secure smart agent for querying stock trade
    information and trends.
 - ontology - financial / analysis / bond trading
 - context definitions :  URI
http://registry.ebsoa.org/context/1342dsgljk.xml

Then maybe something for layer two - components packaging
definitions -

[BPSS script, CPA, XForms, CAM template, UDDI User Profile].

Done this way - people could mix and match the implementation
layer detail, while provide strong pattern detail.

It's very flexible but does not rely on anything proprietary - we
can use simple XML and OWL and Registry stuff to engineer
this.  Infact I suspect the Registry SCM team is probably already
making the parts with which we can implement such a system
already.....

What we need to define is the extensible list of component
parts that go into an ebSOA - so people can document
those needed for their pattern - and some default
ones - that we label as categories - such as POA, EPR,
etc.

DW