Subject: Re: permission

Hello Massimiliano:

Thank you greatly for reviewing the document.  We have a lot to discuss
on our conference call tomorrow.

Your first point I have wondered about too.  I think that for
consistency's sake, it may be better to use UML for all pattern
elaboration's rather than switching between OMSC (for activity)  and UML
(for static class).  CRC seems to be something that programmers like.
 We'll have to discuss as a group on the call.

SOA TC:

Two points of discussion are:

1. The use of UML class diagrams instead of CRC cards
2. The use of UML sequence diagrams instead of OMSC

Regarding point #2, we have a second document that will be a best
practices/implementation guide.  That is the document we had envisioned
the code samples etc. in as well as idioms.  As a standards body, we
have to be neutral to implementation and not favor C, C#, Java, Perl, etc.

Your third point is also very good.  I'll retool the metamodel to who
variants etc as optional since they are not needed although this does
beg the question from a metamodel perspective "Is 'null' a value"?
 There are two ways we can think about it.  One is that the variants et
al are mandatory and if there are none, the value is set at null.  This
may at least force people to think about variants in detail.  The second
way is to make that aspect of the model optional.

Thank you again for your review.  You have given some great input to the
process.

Duane Nickull