Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Proposal to change TC front page

Our final SOA specification will likely be relevant to those who are
building WS* or ebXML SOA implementations, regardless of whether we name
it ebXML or WS or even the funnier eb-WS-XML.  This is because we are
approaching the solution at a higher level than any specific standards.
 If we adopt the metamodel for the patterns, we still have the ability
to map back to the specific ebXML or WS or ??? standards as "known
Implementations".  This will help reconcile the worlds.

An example of this may be the concept of registry.  We describe what it
is, how it fits into the SOA blueprints and its' relationship with other
SOA components.  Under Known uses, we may decide to list ebXML Registry,
UDDI, Windows Registry, the J2EE Java RMI Registry and others..

1. After reviewing all the comments on this subject and the original
charter, I am of the opinion that we should re-word our front page to
reflect what we are doing.  IMO - it currently does not correspond to
the activities of our TC.

2. Changing it s possible without changing our charter, as long as the
wording does not violate our charter.  I have checked this with OASIS.

3. We would need to make a formal proposal and place it before the TC.
 A quorum would have to approve it before it could be done.  I would
like this to happen in order that we are positioned correctly in
accordance with both our charter and our current activity.

Perhaps we can wordsmith something at our Face to face or before it.

Duane