Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Re: [ebsoa] Re: [ebxml-bp] Closing the gap between MSI and BSI and move on

Hi Duane,

It seems a bit confusing to me to say that something that implements an
interface cannot use the name of the interface when indicating what
interface it is implementing.

E.g., java classes implement interfaces and use the name of the
interface to indicate the interface(s) so implemented.

Puzzled what your point is. Too abstruse for me. Not going to worry
about it unless you clearly explain the badness.

If there is a gap, I guess it means that there needs to be a realignment
of the outgrown 1.04 draft with what is going on. Too bad we don't have
a replacement yet :-)

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 1:53 PM
To: Monica J. Martin
Cc: David Webber (XML); Sacha Schlegel; ebXML BP;
ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org; ebsoa
Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Re: [ebsoa] Re: [ebxml-bp] Closing the gap
between MSI and BSI and move on

Monica J. Martin wrote:

> mm2: Education is always an opportunity Duane. Remember that the/these

> interface(s) may actually become physical in a deployable logical
> environment. I believe our original text surrounding this relationship

> was clear after all. However, I will in more detail review the many
> posts last night and today to see what can be improved upon in the
> text that was agreed to yesterday morning. Thanks.

Monica:

When they become physical, they should be called CPA, eb MS and BPSS.

There is no concrete BSI.  BSI is an abstract concept - it would be very

bad practice (and most confusing) for someone to develop a concrete
thing and give it the same name.

Education attempt:
When modeling, BSI is an abstract concept.
When implementing, can be done via CPA, MS and BPSS.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com