Subject: meeting this week, IPR and editing

Dear ebSOA'ers and editors -
I will be out of town this week, attending the HIMSS IHE Infrastructure working
group meetings, so there will be no meeting. We will resume next week, Thursday
June 16 at 4:00 EST -
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebsoa/event.php?event_id=7936

We are anxiously awaiting the IPR statement from Mr. Zugic and Mr. Castle, et.
al., regarding the royalty free use of the concepts from the FERA work that they
have submitted as a potential architecture for ebSOA. I believe that the work is
useful, and has merit, but can't continue creating my Technical Architecture
outline, or allow the group to edit on the new TA using the ideas from this
material until we get an IPR statement that releases the work from royalties.

I will give this until June 16, and if we don't have these statements, filed
appropriately per the OASIS agreements, then we will move on without the FERA
concepts that are specific to ebXMLsoft or CPD Associates.

john

--
~~~~~~~~~
John Hardin

Chair, OASIS ebSOA Technical Committee
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebsoa

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global
village."
         Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962