Subject: InfoWorld SOA Executive Forum planning

A small group of us held a meeting today to nail down our planning for
addressing the InfoWorld SOA Executive Forum
(http://www.infoworld.com/event/soa/). This is a prime opportunity for
us to get the FERA / SOA Information Model to a group that can make
great use of the information.

This also signals a beginning of our promotions activities for the FERA
SOA Information Model and Technical Architecture, which won't get
underway fully until we are closer to being complete on the document.

Here are notes from today's conversation:

The concepts that we are working on describing in the next version of
the OASIS Technical Architecture document are perfectly suited for this
meeting, which will happen in New York, NY November 7 - 8.

David Webber has graciously allowed us to use some work from the NIH
that uses both Web Services and ebXML foundations. View the materials
from the XML2004 conference that describe the application architecture,
along with the application itself at http://ebxmlbook.com/presentations/.

We are going to submit 4 abstracts to the SOA Forum committee:

1. Presentation
Description of the NIH application, each component within the
architecture, and mapping of each component / activity against the FERA
Information Models. See the suggested outline below.

2. Demonstration
A live demonstration of the NIH application accompanied with FERA and
Activity diagrams

3. Panel Discussion
We have several persons from our group, including myself, Sally, Goran,
  George and David Webber, who are indicating that they will be in
attendance at the event. This gives us an excellent opportunity to field
questions from the attendees and conduct a panel discussion.

4. Tutorial
There are educational tracks which we can illustrate the architecture
and usage in greater detail.

Preliminary Outline for the Presentation:

1. Introduction
2. Progress to Convergence
3. Objectives
4. Use Case
5. Activity Diagram depicting FERA model and Steps
6. Components
  - Messaging
  - Business Object Document Schema
  - Integration Artifacts