Subject: Re: [ebsoa] RE: [fwsi] RE: [soa-rm] RE: [ebsoa] The real SOA challenge?

David, I do not want to argue about the history. SOA (Web Services, ebXML, and many other SOA related concepts, standards, etc.) has not suddenly emerged from nowhere.

Suresh, if I understand correctly your point, you think that the business process modeling, grouping and taxonomy of processes are important SOA enablers. I completely agree with you. It is very important but not the only aspect of the entire SOA picture. What I am also interested in is the SOA enterprise architecture and real alignment between the business and technology. No marketing hype but real stuff. These are my questions. Not only for you but for everybody on this thread. I am just using these questions to continue with discussion. Do not worry I will provide my answers later and I hope that you will keep adding new questions as well. The more questions and the more discussions trying to form answers the better. I am sure we will not change the world but at least we can start to communicate more often and exchange ideas.

1. How do we integrate business processes we model as services and technology? Here I mean a real automatic integration without army of developers working on the "SOA Enterprise Architecture"  to implement processes just modeled or to implement changes just introduced. To me that kind of architecture is not SOA. That is old school which we shortly talked about in our history introduction.

2. How do we make SOA agile? Again automatic implementation of changes without coding and both static and dynamic.

3. How do we model and support business process semantics? Not just message exchanges and message routing.

4. How do we use standards and support standard convergence?

5. What is our SOA Reference Model?

6. What is our complete SOA reference architecture?

7. Do we have an SOA methodology and what the SOA methodology is all about?

8. What are our SOA best practices?

9. What are the most critical SOA missing points and failures so far and how to fix them or not repeat them?

10. What is the overall OASIS plan with regards to SOA, SOA TCs related work and their relationship?

11. How can we start to work together and use each others "products"?

12. How can we (TCs and OASIS) convince more leading vendors to be involved in the SOA specs development and start using SOA specs we are working on?

I think that we should keep the entire original content of the messages for the completeness of the thread.

Goran