Subject: Agenda for Monday October 20 9AM Pacific Kick Off

Hi,

I have prepared a list of items for the kickoff meeting Monday morning.

866 882 3998
International 865 525 0769
Passcode
9081038

I did note a number of time preferences instead of 9, the scheduled
time, and we shall need to reconsider what time to meet, especially
because of European and Asian interests.

Please feel free to suggest additions but there are probably already too
many items to complete. We will add them to the backlog.

Thanks,
Dale Moberg, Co-convener

================
1. Take attendance for membership by convener.

2. Elect co-chairs (mandated by OASIS).

3. IPR statement consensus check, review (and reference) OASIS IPR
policy.

4. Review charter and potentially clarify (in a separate document).
OASIS says we need consensus on this.

5. Nomination of JJ to be coordinating editor. Invite members to send
him their names if they wish to be on the editing team.

6. Starting times given European and Asian TC members. Discuss how to
facilitate.

7. Use cases, requirements, issues lists.  Issues list editor.

    Here are Monica Martin's initial topic suggestions.

   * Multi-party collaboration: This could be an opportunity to solicit
      suggestions from our industry counterparts such as RosettaNet.
    * timeToPerform:
    * Role: BusinessPartnerRole, Performs and Transitions: We discussed
      this briefly today, and have also recognized that further
      discussion needs to occur with CPA negotiation team.
    * Production rules: John, you may be able to assist in your thought
      here given our previous discussions.
    * Namespaces and nested collaborations: Again, CPA negotiation and
      CPP/A team could provide input on inner and outer collaborations,
      and whether or not they are dependent (handoff to inner without
      return, for example).
    * Use of XPATH 2.0.
    * Further definition of BSI (WSDL possible): May a good opportunity
      to discuss liaisons and the interactions with other technology.

      More "future"
* Map document exchanges to processes to enable legacy migration
   and a catalogue example from UCC on use of multiple namespaces.
* Solicit more feedback from UCC and other industry sectors. Note,
  there has been some business process matching going on with
  OpenXchange.
    * Transaction patterns
    * Pre and post-conditions
    * Business document and envelope with more than one document
    * Business documents comprised of BIO: May be in line with business
      entities.
    * Business entity support: See comment above.
    * Multiple envelopes for a responding activity
    * Out of band communications

Do we need separate use case, requirements and issues list documents? Or
can all topics be handled within a suitable issues list ?
Is charter and its possible clarification sufficient for requirements?

8. History of UMM and BPSS for new members. JJ Dubray and John Yunker to
provide these in presentations.