Subject: 12/7/2003: [Fwd: "Late Binding" of TimeToPerform]

Lars, after reviewing the slides, the note and thinking about the
learning session and teleconference discussions, there are several items
that we should perhaps address, and talk about in the context of BPSS:

    * Late binding on the BPSS
          o Specifying the timeToPerform to the greatest time possible
            in the context of this type of collaboration [1]
                + Allowing late binding to accommodate logical business
                  document requirements
                + Specifying when the late binding may occ
    * Potential to override BPSS attributes in the CPP/A between the
      parties [2] [3]
    * Breaking the response into multiple responses: where more timing
      applies to specific requirements (such as delivery)
          o ur either from the perspective of the requestor or the
            responder [4]

I encourage the team to think about these items in the context of
roles/partners, timeToPerform, and the dynamic aspects of late binding
we discussed last week. [5]

[1] May likely not be as tight you would like given the interactions
defined by internal systems to support. Which brings up an interesting
point on
being able to keep these systems loosely coupled. For example, we have
one case where the order may go by alternate means and not logged in the
B2B system, and this really complicates this company's processing. We
have to account for that at the process level.
[1] Determine if this could meet your needs: See Section 9 of CPP/A
document.
[3] May complement any late binding functionality if adopted.
[4] This may be driven either by business or service level agreements,
or on a case by case basis. For the latter, I would think we will have
to discuss
the per-instance impact and its appropriateness.
[5] Related Work Items 23, 25, 28, 46 and 55.