Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [12/12/03]: BPSS Signals

David RR Webber wrote:

>Serm,
>
>+1.
>
>It's crazy to have three or four messages exchanged here.
>
>The answer would appear to be - that one message can
>indicate multiple things - I would suggest:
>
>1) Acceptance Acknowledgement is also implied Receipt Ack
>    so no need to send RecAck if you send an AccAck (timing
>    is something you need to determine -if your business process
>    may mean a time-out could occur between receipt and
>    calculating the acceptance - then you will need to send both).

mm1: You cannot imply Receipt Ack is successful unless the business
rules allow for that. As you point out there is an inherent chance of
failure any assumptions that are made (and timeouts could apply as
well).  This should be discussed by the team.

>2) Negative Receipt and Acceptence Exception - clearly these
>    are different - so you need to be able to handle both these
>    conditions - and you should only get one of these at a time.

mm1: As you have indicated they have different meanings. We need to
investigate the tradeoffs between what is declaratively defined and
possible (at design time) and be at least conscious of what can happen
later.  I am certain the team will have further discussion on this topic
as we go into the new year and plan for the F2F.
Thanks.