Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] 1/5/2004: Late Binding ....

Monica,

I do NOT see any conflict here with BPEL!  Nor can BPEL claim
to have an exclusive on something - likewise BPSS of course.

BPEL is clearly Java-EAI programming as XML-scripting.
While they may take a uni-centric view of their collaboration
flows - that is not to say that's the only way BPEL works.

Similarly with BPSS - its a B2B business-process model and
worldview - that can be formalized as XML scripts.

Back to there being main and supporting processes in a
collaboration.  I see this as being a perfectly normal and
natural way to look at this.  Again - I reference the
AutoTech GM/Nissan scenarios (OK- we're getting tired
of these - but heck!) - http://drrw.net/visualscripts/#ebxml

Where you can see why part of the process is labelled MAIN
and part SUPPORTING.

The really cool thing from a BPSS perspective (and its much
harder to see how BPEL could do it - if at all - becuase of
its tight coupling to WSDL) - is that the whole BPSS from
GM/Nissan can be built-up from smaller
BPSS sets, and then one is designated as the MAIN and
the others SUPPORTING.

We're not breaking the BPSS model here - we're strengthing
the way it can be used in realworld deployments.

Cheers, DW.