Subject: Nagahashi 1/7/2004: Question on Construction of GUIDREF

Kenji,
In November and December 2003, you posted comments on the construction
of GUID to provide some flexibility for implementors, where we had
discussions on different mechanisms such as those expressed in eBA,
Reg/Rep etc. [1].  We would be very appreciative if you could share your
thoughts on a best practice in this regard.

We informally accepted the summary proposal from Dale Moberg in the
teleconference 5 January 2004 including Principle 5:

<<Principle 5: The GUID does not have to be from an established standard
for GUID construction. In particular, it does not have to be a UUID.>>

We'd be most appreciative if you could further share your thoughts and
assist us in developing a brief summary for a best practice for
Principle 5 proposed above.I should have meeting minutes out this
evening if you want to read through the discussion for greater detail.
Thanks.