Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Yunker/Nagahashi 1/26/2004: Question on Construction of GUIDREF / Versioning

I can support Kenji's proposal.  His proposal provides capability for both of the use cases I am concerned about.  For explicit linking it identifies a specific version of a BPSS document, allowing specification of guaranteed integrity of a larger set of linked BPSS, and by the NameID it also allows semantic identification of an alternate set of BPSS implementations which MAY also support that specific subprocess identified by the NameID.

In other words,
	1) use the globally unique BPSS ID to assemble a specific solution (specific linkage)
	2) use the nameID to locate a set of BPSS which may support a sub process (semantic linkage)

Talk to you at 12:00

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica J. Martin [mailto:Monica.Martin@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 7:21 AM
To: Kenji Nagahashi; Jean-Jacques Dubray; Yunker, John
Cc: Dale Moberg; ebXML BP

> mm1: Kenji,
> With this proposal and today's TC call and vote, can you agree on
> final verbiage with John Yunker to ensure we capture his comment on
> name (item 3 below):
>
>    * Leave specification as is.
>    * Do not specify what UID is.
>    * ***Clarify: Can use name and perhaps give example of a condition
> when used.***
>
> I have also attached John's response. I think we pretty much have
> consensus except for the versioning question, Work Item 7.

mm2: For Work Item 43, have you had any luck so we can discuss in
today's call? In addition to the response from Dave Webber [1], I've
also included the initial response from Reg/Rep. We should think
carefully before embedding information as suggested. John, can we have
your response so we can finish this (see ***clarify.....***)?

Related and for Work Item 7, in addition, the ebXML JC is considering a
larger-scale compatibility matrix that may be affected by/affect our
discussion on UID and/or versioning. We may also look to RIM on how it
sees versioning as I think it will come to a common solution between all
the ebMXL TCs at some point.

Thank you.

[1] attached