Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Webber 1/26/2004: Explanation on CAM Slide for eBusiness Stack

Monica,

The idea is that the couplings remain the same actually!

I know its hard to see with the information density on the
slide.  The diagram is attempting to show how context
management layers on top of the CPP/CPA + BPSS
coupling 'as is' and extends is to provide late binding.

As Martin talked about today - having an external XML
instance that carries the context and parameter information
for the explicit business use required.

This happens at the CPP/CPA level at the top of the diagram
(labelled Business Agreement).  So the idea is that as part
of the CPA you set what those values and context rules
are - and they are exposed at this level. (This is a BCM idea
where the critical business rules are exposed as high as
possible so that the participants can sign-off on them).

Then that context information can then be referenced
whereever its needed further down.  The CAM processor
uses it to set the details of the transaction details, the
BPSS engine uses it and the ebMS can use it too.

Of course the slide is talking about CAM - so that is
highlighted - but really from the BPSS stance - the
CAM is subservient - it only gets invoked from the
BPSS as needed.

Hope that's clear enough?

Thanks, DW.