Subject: WSDL

Discussion|oasis.ebBP;
Topic|WSDL;
Point|Intoduction

||This was created with the [add response] feature of the RSD stylesheet

||Responding to: http://www.ebpml.org/rsd/oasis/rsd.oasis.ebBP.xml#WSDL

||Dale,
JJD@

The way I understood the requirement was simply to be able to add the capability to invoke a web service from within a collaboration.

As you and David point out, WSDL cannot be used to map to BTs directly (or it has to be used in a very atomic form) (David, what will change in a year? My expectation is nothing).

The purpose of my proposal was simply to add an OperationActivity which points to a couple of (mirrored :-) operations. The CPPA will have to resolve the end points for these abstract operations.

On another note, what is very different between an operation and a BT is the fact that a BT can be used in either direction, while an operation direction cannot be reversed :-((  Of course, we could offer a more complex specification, where operations on each side are not mirroring each other. That could lead us to a WSCI kind of thing so my proposal would be to keep it simple at this point and require that both parties use mirrored operations (the inputs of one are the output of the others and vice versa).

@JJD