Subject: [ebBP] 4/8/2004: WI-23 Logical Business Documents Update [RSD]

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI23-Business document and envelope;
Topic;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00085.html;
Point|Impact to CPPA Negotiation;

mm1@

I've included the original summary I provided in late March 2004 for
reference.
|References previously cited:
||Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00035.html;

||Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html;

||Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00085.html;
Email summary of 26 March 2004
||Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200403/msg00002.html;_
Martin Roberts draft schema_

Reference: Work Item 23 Business document and envelope with more than
one document
envelope with more than one structured document.

Originally we discussed giving the same structure to an attachment that
occurs with a business document. We also would provide additional
capabilities to identify a document including a specificationType.

I met with the CPPA Negotiation team briefly today to discuss WI 23 and
our assumptions around attachments. Here are a few CPPA negotiation
specifics:

    * CPPA negotiation does not require BPSS.
    * CPPA negotiation would use a logical business document (initial or
      counter offer).
    * The CPPA negotiation also has the Negotiation Descriptor Document
      (NDD) and a potential CPPA template. Note that these documents may
      be included in the business message or by reference.

Given these specifics, we still need to determine, more about the
attachments.  We still have some open questions that affect CPPA and ebBP:

    * Looking at the CPPA negotiation use case, is the initial offer,
      business document negotiated prior to its inclusion with the CPPA
      template and NDD or their references? Basically, is the business
      document part of the initial offer or pre-negotiated?
    * Are attachments first class documents? The CPPA negotiation
      'documents' appear to be secondary to the initial/counter offer
      unless we or they assume a different premise based on question above).
    * Are they included? Can we support both include or reference?
    * Are they required? Does their reference change whether or not they
      are required?
    * Can they affect the business process? In the case of CPPA
      negotiation, I believe they do.
    * Is a WSDL definition for attachments required? Note, that simple
      SOAP does not use other attachments which raises the question of
      if multiple-part package (document and attachments) are composed.

I have asked the CPPA negotiation team to review this question against
the ebBP proposal and provide responses. I think this would be a key
item to discuss with CPPA team as they meet after we do at the OASIS
symposium. I presume we will discuss this item at the beginning of their
session as they are in the same room and will be using our speaker phone
:-P .

*I am awaiting your comments !!!! **This will be on the agenda for 19
April 2004 call.***

@mm1