Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Report from the V2 Schema Trenches - Good news / Bad news

Title: Message
I am just beginning to catch up on a lot of last week's mailing list traffic. Comment in-line.

[omitted]

That's the good news!

Now the issues / questions.

#1 - the schema appears to be recursive - in a bad way - around
       <CollaborationActivity> which is a child of <BinaryCollaboration>,
      and has two <Performs> required - that reference <BinaryCollaboration>.
      I'm not sure what the intent was here - but this does not look right!
    - suggested fix - deprecate <CollaborationActivity> as I think
      <MultiPartyCollaboration> and its <Performs> can do what is needed
      here.

Dale> CollaborationActivity does reference a BinaryCollaboration. That allows a BinaryCollaboration to be reused within a BinaryCollaboration.
That is not something new.  Is your question whether we should add a well-formedness rule that states that the nameId referenced MUST not be to the BinaryCollaboration including the CollaborationActivity element?

#2 - Next I do not think the model for <BinaryCollaboration> itself in the XSD
      is what it is intended to be.

      Specifically the following sequence is what I believe is what should
      be allowed.  I've indented things to make it clearer and omitted child
      stuff to make it easy to see the flow:

     <BinaryCollaboration>
        <Role/>
        <Start/>
        <BusinessTransactionActivity/>
           <Success/>
           <Success/>
           <Failure/>
           <Failure/>
           <Join/>
        <BusinessTransactionActivity/>
           <Success/>
           <Success/>
           <Failure/>
        <Fork>
            <BusinessTransactionActivity/>
            <BusinessTransactionActivity/>
        </Fork>
    </BinaryCollaboration>

Dale> The Success and Failure elements (in later schema  versions) have a FromLink that ties to a BTA. The FromLink has an attibute conditionGuard that tells you what status is needed to actually take the path. I am not sure why the grouping under BTA is needed. If the FromLink were missing, I could see that it would be useful.

The schema almost allows this - but does not!

We could adjust it to do this.  Obviously this is urgent,
as right now - I would say our schema is broken
in that it cannot express logical flows in this way!

Thanks, DW.