Subject: [ebBP] 6/2/2004: [RSD] Comment on WI-43-66 Voting Item

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.WI43-66-Name and Name ID Clarification;
Topic|;
Point|Use of UUID;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200406/msg00000.html;

mm1@
Steve,
Thanks for the input and contribution.  As for the vote, all members of
the TC are eligible to vote here (observers or not), so please proceed.

We did discuss the use of UUID and the xsd:id.  The latter could be
perceived as an external identifier specific to the parties and their
interactions.  That does not preclude the creation of a UUID for
registry purposes. The Reg/Rep team, and the CC/Reg Review subteam, have
been discussing that both may be important, recognizing that the UUID
would be assigned by the registry (not the business process itself).

I've cc: Farrukh Najmi and Duane Nickull on this email so they are aware
of the discussion (as they have been involved in past communication). In
order for ebBP to support the <documentation>  attribute you specified,
we would have to establish a variable that could acquire the UUID when
the process definition is stored
(which is may or may not be).

I'll open the discussion to the team to consider your suggestion and the
other associated criteria.

Thanks.
@mm1