Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Managing Context Instance and Activity

Monica,

Actually the use I'm proposing is very much more limited
than that.  It would allow conditional setting of parameter
values - particularly TTP values and such - relating
to quality of service - ie isAcknowledgementRequired true/false
and so on.   These can also be directed by referencing
XPath expressions relating to values in documents -
eg :  /mydocument/orderType="URGENT"

Then the other use is merely to assign values to variables
that are then passed as part of the context instance.

e.g.  ProductType="Perishable"
       DeliveryCountry="Mexico"  and so on.

The intent is to provide context to downstream
components that need it - rather than anything
making direct changes to the BPSS itself.  The
ability to manipulate BPSS is strictly limited to
toggling values in parameters of a BPSS instance,
rather than trying to manipulate the BPSS instance
itself.

Hope that makes it clearer - but definately we
should discuss this on the next call.

Thanks, DW