Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] RE: BusinessActivityBehavior diagram

>Dubray: I said that a collaboration is merely observed and not executed. But
>clearly the BSI has to handle the business transaction protocol. So the
>BSI is a program that "executes". However, it does not "execute" the
>collaboration. So I think that Martin and I are in perfect agreement.
>
>For me, the most important signal in BPSS is the "Acceptance"
>acknowledgement. The receipt acknowledgement works as a centralized
>"data scrubber" avoiding sending unnecessary data to the application
>(but this remains a non critical operation, i.e. BPSS would work just as
>well without it, it would put more burden on the application, that's
>all).
>
>I like the signals or errors to be explicit. I think that in general
>timeout should be reserved to identify communication problems
>(transport, end points, ...), not for generating business errors.

mm1: Martin's diagrams and points, as well as JJ's, give us some good
fodder to include in providing a 'picture' of the BSI for the
implementers.  In addition, as Anders has indicated, we will need to
reassess if the Acceptance Acknowledgement is a signal or a business
message, because of its role in contract formation.  Perhaps he can
comment on this more fully.  Thanks.

"The agreement between two parties should spell out what the times mean. Need to outline explicitly what tests have been made when a ReceiptAck made. Sending a ReceiptAck is a statement made by the receiver: I sign of to have performed checks a,b,c, .........ReceiptAck is well-defined. Addressee receives message only. Accpeptance is the problematic child since it obsfuscates the moment when acceptance is concluded......."