Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Document Envelope

John,

I think I can cover all this - *including* limited support of startsWhen,
endsWhen...

I'd pretty much got all this in the example model - but let me call out the
details of how and where in the schema it all plugs into - and write a quick
implementers notes on it all.

And here was I thinking this was all how it was supposed to work in the
first place!  Seems like we may already have all we needed!?!

Thanks, DW

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yunker, John" <yunker@amazon.com>
To: "Jean-Jacques Dubray" <jeanjadu@Attachmate.com>; "David RR Webber"
<david@drrw.info>; "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>; "ebXML BP"
<ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 3:54 PM

JJ, I agree of both the requirement for, and usefulness of the remapping of
document type to support industry standards.  What I objected to was your
proposal that I use document type as the means of communicating
content-driven-context to the constraints-on-transistion-guards.  ("we
already have that")

Driving transitions based upon content-driven-context has been a requirement
since day one (I've spoken about this since before v1.0).  Meeting that
requirement has always been put off.

What I am proposing is that we put a formal context-mapping-method into the
spec (BusinessContext), and make it consistent in its implementation with
the document-mapping-method (BusinessDocument), and also make this element
usable in the transition constraints.  Make CAM a supported
expressionLanguage, as well as supporting XPATH consistent with
BusinessDocument.

(This still doesn't address my continuing requests for computable startsWhen
and endsWhen, but then the context is more important - walk before we run,
v3.0, etc)

John