Subject: [ebBP] 6/14/2004: WI-21 Pre- and Post Conditions

OASIS.ebBP.WI-21-Pre- and post-conditions;
Topic|;
Point|Conditional Attributes that Guide Business Processes;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200405/msg00100.html;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200406/msg00083.html:
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200406/msg00084.html;

mm1@
Dale,
In late May, I sent an updated summary on the pre-post conditions work
item (Issue 21) [1]. In that discussion, I proposed we have the
capability to effectively marry pre-post conditions and beginsWhen and
endsWhen. At that time I suggested we make these elements to allow us to
make incremental steps to provide the functionality (i.e. not preclude
their effective use in implementation). I could see these attributes
(soon to be elements) as business process constraints. They may apply
(when fully functional) to how we have started to look at QoS elements
(such as TTP). However, I realize this may span ebBP versions.

We will have to resolve how external events affect the process (and
when). I believe this concept supports John's business requirements
related to content driven process performance.

Thanks.

[1] Martin summary 23 May:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200405/msg00139.html
Moberg questions: