Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] Tell 6/14/2004: Business Contract Requirements for State Alignment

Monica,

Not wanting to preempt discussion on Friday - but just wanting
to throw out some technical ideas.

What if we linked the signals to the begins/endsWhen conditionals
on a BT?

Just like with my proposal around linkage to context statements
using a nameRefID - we could easily point to a named signal
(it has that attribute already) and it would be either then
boolean true or false.  eg:  beginsWhen="#mysignal-Is-On"

This still leaves how the signal itself gets set of course!  Seems
like Dales post earlier may fit / hint into that category...since
the only attribute in the signal right now is the URI - how does
one actually turn a signal on?!

If we can crack that "glue" then I believe we can provide
what we need here.

Am I also right in thinking that essentially used in this way
the signals actually constitute the equivalent of an
immediate "break" command so familiar in procedural
languages to escape into/out of the current logical block.  In our
case that is of course a BT.

DW