Subject: [ebBP] 6/17/2004: Monitoring and Events

Everyone,
Recently there was a side discussion related to business process
monitoring, events and dialogs. I've included a snippet that may be
relevant for tomorrow's meeting (as we also seem to have been including
begins-endsWhen and pre-post conditions). Recognize this discussion
spans both v2.0 and v3.0. Thanks.

> Yunker: Thus you still need a state model at the BPSS, but instead of
> the state model "driving" the collaboration, the state model both
> "monitors" the collaboration and "specifies event visibility" of the
> service layer model.  Thus the BPSS state model and its expression
> become incredibly simple (enumeration of the semanitic business
> events), and the complexity is forced onto the mapping of service
> events (the swarm of technical events) onto business events (semantic
> business occurances).  This decoupling is extremely powerful as
> incremental improvements in both service and business layer are linear
> in their implementation cost, plus additional technical
> implementations have a simple binding to the business layer.

Tell: It seem to be a two way street.
at runtime the Events progress two kinds of state-of-affairs:
   1.  businss dialog or constrained bpss
   2.  businss entities or constrained businss objects such a resource,
commitments, obligation, etc. at design time / contract signing time the
business requirements expressed in business dialog, bpss, cpa, tpa, bla
drive the service level implementationand required features.
 an example: the definition of DataMessage::Reach::Event may stipulate
that this event may not be generated unless condition a,b,c has been
fullfilled and validation checks such as completness testing,
verification of sender identify, etc.