Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 7/21/2004: Guiding Principles - BPMN and BPSS

Tony,

One possible way to approach this - since we're really talking about discerning
a common subset of functionality - is to use one or more of the current BPSS
models that I have built - and attempt to create the equivalent in BPMN - but
*NOT* as a BPMN model (pictures) - but as the underlying XML instead.

If we can crack that - I can update the BPSS model so that it will automatically
emit the equivalent BPMN XML syntax directly.  That then of course could be
read back into a BPMN editor - or application that runs BPMN.

This would give you "instant" equivalence - and we could document that
accordingly as a Technical Note - including guides to users on the walls and
edges to be aware of when using BPSS in this fashion.

Thanks, DW.

http://drrw.net