Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 7/21/2004: Guiding Principles - BPMN and BPSS

Dear Monica and others,

With respect to a possible relationship between BPSS and BPMN, which way
around do you think that might be?  I am not sure it would be wise to try to
extend BPSS to cover everything that BPMN can.  However, I would support the
idea of a 'profile' of BPMN that restricted the user of BPMN to process
diagrams that easily translate into a BPSS description.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination
www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Fax: +44 (0) 870 7390077  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801
948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica J. Martin [mailto:Monica.Martin@Sun.COM]
Sent: 22 July 2004 00:20
To: ebXML BP
Subject: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] 7/21/2004: Guiding Principles

In the editors' F2F and during our June meetings [1], we discussed what
we may cite as our v2.0 "guiding principles". Those identified include
portions of:

    * ebBP v2.0
          o UN/CEFACT modeling methodology
          o Unified Modeling Language (tm)
          o Possibly BPMN [2]
    * ebBP v3.0: Potentially referenced were: [3]
          o Petri nets
          o Event calculus

I had an action to send these to the list and solicit comments. Note, no
requirement has been established that these are mandatory or represent
compliance criteria (note: 'guiding').  The v2.0 ones could be included
in the technical specification. Feedback DESIRED! Thanks.

[1] Meeting minutes attached to meeting notice:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200406/msg00165.html
[2] Pending from a proposal from JJ Dubray
[3] For further analysis