Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] RE: [uddi-spec] Publishing UN/CEFACT UMM models to aUDDI registry

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>Dubray: Steve:
>Frankly, I don't see why we allow a retry at the business level
>different from the RM level. For me once a message has been reliably
>delivered, the sender is done. All should be handled at the responding
>side. I am assuming that this is a legacy from the time where RM was not
>widely available.
>
>Dale, would you consider removing that feature from the specification?

mm1: Let's discuss on ebBP list before further redress on UDDI list.
Thanks. The legacy was based on the UMM. See from Chapter 8, R10
(Section 8.3.1) particularly the last part of the sentence. In addition
this is further

"Both partners agree to the number of times to retry a transaction when
a time-out-exception condition is signaled. This parameter only applies
to time-out signals
and not business process controls or document content exceptions."

mm1: This is further addressed in the next section 8.3.2, the business
transaction is to be reinitiated (but based on the timeout of lack of
response receipt). What this (and other discussions I am involved in
such as UBAC) point out is that some premises in the UMM may need
redress. Retry count is only one instance.

>Incidentally, I don't think a retry would allow for any content change.
>This is counter intuitive to a retry.

mm1: See comment above.