Subject: [ebBP] 9/8/2004: Additional Issues Discussion Friday 10 September (seeherein)

In order to complete some of the work items, I'd asked last week for a special call this week. This session will piggy-back off the end of the CPPA call Friday, 10 September 2004, 9 a.m. PDT. Here is a start of work items to resolve (propose recommendations for TC). Note, I'll be sending another round tomorrow, Thursday, 9 Sept. Thank you.

:::::::
Call in details are:
877 204 8750, passcode 480  627 2648
Dale if there is an international extension, please advise.
:::::::

Work Items
Pattern attribute (Not logged as a work item, included in WI-19):
The 'pattern' attribute exists on: BusinessCollaborationType, BusinessTransactionType, BinaryCollaborationType and MultipartyCollaborationType. With the inclusion of the 'concrete' business transaction patterns, this attribute could be considered as redundant. Two options were identified: (1) Allow it to be used if the 'concrete' patterns are not, and provide a developer's hint. Downside on this option is that the attribute could reference back to a URI based on different semantics, or 2) Delete the 'pattern' attribute and allow extensibility in the concrete BT pattern. This could encourage/require the implementation use the patterns or extend them, and allow new requirements such as those from UBAC.

Proposal:
Delete 'pattern' attribute and allow extensibility in the concrete BT pattern.