Subject: [Fwd: Re: Ray 9/9/2004: ebBP Work Item Session 10 Sept]

We can consider these comments in our discussion today or next week.
Thanks to Kelly, who can't attend today, for the input.

kelly.ray@us.pwc.com wrote:

> Monica - since I can't be there, here is my input on the issue after
> further thought that you may want to bring to the table for discussion.
>
> The question on naming is irrelevant - you can call it "blue" so long
> as the documentation accompanying the element or attribute describes
> the conditions under which the value of the tag should be one way
> versus another.
>
> The more important question is whether the tag should be part of the
> schema.  My answer to that question is it depends on whether this is
> meant to be human selectable or the output of business rules.  If it
> is meant to be an indicator output based on business rules, then keep
> it.  If it is human selectable, then I can conceive of no upside
> benefit to having the tag.  The person's selection can only be either:
>  consistent with the nature of the content being exchanged - in which
> case it adds nothing over what we know from the nature of the content
> -- or, it can be inconsistent - in which case, we've now introduced a
> factual dispute into the transaction which has to go to a jury.
>  Moreover, if not associated to specific elements of the payload
> (which could go down to words or clauses in a document) rather than a
> single flag for the entire payload then it introduces confusion over
> which pieces of the payload are covered and which are not.
>
> Thanks,
> Kelly D. Ray
> Director
> Advisory Services
> PricewaterhouseCoopers
>
> (home office) 972-881-2420
> (voicemail/fax) 214-853-4264
> (cell) 972-896-5834
> kelly.ray@us.pwc.com

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

"Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>

09/09/2004 05:32 PM

Kelly D Ray/US/ABAS/PwC@Americas-US
cc
Subject
Re: Ray 9/9/2004: ebBP Work Item Session 10 Sept

kelly.ray@us.pwc.com wrote:

> I very much would like to participate in this.  However, I'm
> double-booked now between an internal meeting and attending a session
> at the National Association of Legislative IT staff where we are
> trying to get input and guidance for work we are doing in the
> LegalXML-Legislative group.
>
> Any way this particular work item can be moved to a meeting next week?
>  I really want to get better up to speed, particularly since we have
> begun work on a subscription information exchange transaction standard
> as part of LegalXML-Legislative and want to see what we can leverage
> from ebXML work.

mm1: I don't know if we will resolve tomorrow so I am sure you will have
'your day in court.' Stay tuned for notes and you can add your 'two-cents.'

--- End Message ---