Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] User Inputs Requested 10/4/2004: Use of Notification ofFailure

A reminder about today's call at 9 a.m. PDT, 8 October 2004 after the
CPPA bi-weekly teleconference.

Subject: User requirements for NOF and general exceptions.
Time: 9 a.m. PDT 8 October 2004
Call details: 866 882 3998, international 865 525 0769, passcode 9081038
Duration: 1 hour

PLEASE SEND YOUR INPUTS IF YOU CAN'T JOIN!

Other references:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200410/msg00011.html
(compare NOF and general exceptions).

As one additional input (with an update because I missed it) of
substance. This answers some of my previous questions. I will try to
summarize the overall boundaries in more detail after today's
discussion.  The additional input includes:

    * If you look deeper into the historical information, general
      exception (business control failure) by the responder and NOF
      (stop transaction) by requester are actually used in tandem.  The
      Notification pattern (Chapter 8, UMM, R10) talks about the
      notification of failed business control and its use to supplement
      other patterns such as Commercial Transaction. Therefore we
      already have the NOF pattern defined, not the semantics detailed.
    * On a previous question I had, Chapter 8/9 (in different ways and
      at times conflicting) requester exits a transaction, and uses a
      business control failure. This equates to a Negative RA or AA, or
      general exception. The requester in turn, issues the NOF. The
      Notification pattern is a formal exchange and requires
      non-repudiation. The responder is responsible to send back an RA
      on the NOF.
    * NOF business document requires a Receipt Acknowledgement. A
      separate communication channel is recommended.

Therefore for v2.0, we need to discuss what boundaries we place around
what already exists, understanding more semantics and boundaries will be
described in a later version.  ***I hope that BT, financial services,
RosettaNet and others will attend!***

Thank you! Regards.

umm-r10-chapter9-nof-highlights.pdf