Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Proposal for minOccurs and maxOccurs attributes toAttachment

Monica,

> >an end user can omit the PDF Attachement if not needed.  Of course,
> >the user can also attach a PDF diagram as needed.
> >

> mm1: We could perhaps approach this two ways: 1) Your recommendation, or
> 2) Consider if we could add a condition expression on the attachment as
> we've done with the Business Document construct.  In v2.0, we've also
> been discussing how far reaching the use of variables could be on
> condition expressions (right now we use it on the timing constructs).
> We'd welcome your comments which flexibility point meets your
> requirements. The condition expression and variable option are being
> used to recognize changes during the process lifecycle. We are
> coordinating with CPPA, as Dale Moberg (our co-chair) is the CPPA chair.

I'm afraid that the usage of condition expression doesn't meet JEITA's
requirement.

In my understanding, condition expression and variable are shared
information between parties (e.g., referencing a part of an exchanged
business document).

On the other hand, whether a party wants to attach a defined
Attachment or not depends on the party's own decision, not on the
shared information.

Thanks,

Yano Keisuke