Subject: FW: Public Comment

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesmond Abela [mailto:jesmonda@maltanet.net]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 09:31
To: 'Jean-Jacques Dubray'
Cc: 'ebxml-bp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: RE: Public Comment

Hi,

I have been following up articles regarding these topics outlined below, and
I had some points I wish to submit:

As I have come to the conclusion from the information and articles you have
kindly submitted, ebXML-BP is required to implement the BPM component for
the ebXML framework (i.e. attempting to adapt BPEL will not be very
successful since this is not intended for multiparty collaborations, but
rather orchestration of web services).

I do not wish (and do not have the resources) to implement an ebXML BPSS BPM
from scratch, and have been searching for an implementation of such
components for integration either as open source or otherwise, but found
only very limited support. Given that ebXML-BP v2.0 is imminent, I suppose
that it will be even more unlikely to find such implementations.

Alternatively, perhaps an existing BPM/workflow framework (e.g. JBOSS jBPM )
can be used to implement the BPSS engine. Has anybody considered or looked
into this matter?

I would greatly appreciate any input on this topic.

Best regards,

Jesmond Abela