Subject: Re: ebBP 2/4/2005: Timing Functional Well-Formedness Rules (Updated)

Note update at the end of this email. Thanks.

> In Section 4.11, I would propose we move 4.11.3.7 to 4.11.3.8 and add
> a new section 4.11.3.7, Timing Parameters.  We can start with these
> guides:
>
>    * If both are used, timeToAcknowlegeReceipt <
> timeToAcknowlegeAcceptance.
>    * If the Acknowledgement Acceptance is not used, the time to
> perform MUST be equal or greater than timeToAcknowlegeReceipt.
>    * If either or both of timeToAcknowlegeReceipt or
> timeToAcknowlegeAcceptance are used, the time to perform MUST be other
> than zero.
>    * timeToAcknowlegeReceipt MUST be other than zero when
> non-repudiation of receipt is required.
>    * The time to perform MUST be other than zero.

[add] * Where used, the timeToAcknowlegeReceipt and
timeToAcknowlegeAcceptance, in conjunction with the time to perform MUST
be specified for both the Requesting and (when used) Responding Business
Activities.[end-add]

> Please feel free to propose others or comment on these. Thanks.

mm2: Additional descriptive text at the end of this newly proposed
section. These will not be rules per se but some scoping (thanks to John
Yunker).

[add] Where large numbers of Business Collaborations are constructed, consistency and completeness may be important in these rules and their use across all business processes. In those cases, other conditions could apply.  For example, if non-repudiation is required at the requesting business activity, a responding business document may be required. Typically, such conditions may be developed by process integrators or developers to bound business completeness across all processes within a particular domain or industry. [end-add]