Subject: ebBP 3/7/2005: Comments re: Commercial Transaction name (wd 10)

We received comments from our interested user community about the term
Commercial Transaction.  Therefore, we've sought language more
recognizable to the community. Again comments welcome.

Commercial Transaction
=================
On all references, change 'Commercial Transaction' to 'Business
Transaction'. For conversion only Business Transaction
on all references, change to "Legacy Business Transaction.' This
includes the schema itself, the documentation annotation
for the technical specification, patterns matrices, and the technical
specification.

Section 4.6.6.1:
Change from:
· Commercial Transaction : Known colloquially as the Business
Transaction pattern .  Typically Commercial Transaction is a formal
obligation between parties.

Change to:
· Business Transaction : THIS PATTERN IS MOST OFTEN known as the
Business Transaction pattern.  Typically THIS is a formal obligation
between parties.
[add] Note, although specified as 'Commercial Transaction' in the UMM
R10 transaction patterns, use of Business Transaction was chosen, to
enable a broader user community by request. [add]

Change from:
· Business Transaction : Retained in v2.0 technical specification for
conversion purposes only.

Change to:
· LEGACY Business Transaction : Retained in v2.0 technical specification
for conversion purposes only [add] to enable the user community to
migrate to the concrete patterns. This pattern is not recommended for
use for the concrete business transaction patterns defined earlier in
this section.[add]