Subject: Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: Hardin (ebBP) 3/7/2005: Conversations in the contextof ebBP-CPA-ebMS

Thanks for the feedback, Monica - I finally joined the ebBP group, and
will be on the call today.

What I was referring to was a wider issue that the overall architecture
of an SOA-like, cross-industry framework needs to address. That being,
the data element semantics in the actual business documents, which is
what I believe you are referring to by illustrating the "references to
semantic information that provides (loosely) a context to the business
information".

There should a pattern in the architecture for patterns that allows for
'semantic resolution' between two formats. Mechanisms providing semantic
analysis, mapping code generation and finally, transformation between
two or more formats that were mapped, needs to be much more automated.
Contivo does an excellent job of this, with a drawback: the enterprise
vocabularies are described in - you guessed it - english. This works
well for enterprise semantic metadata repositories. However, a numeric
format (CCTS) or alphanumeric format (UDEF) needs to be used in the
global framework.

CPA should reference the semantic metadata entry (maybe Schema, could be
other however) in the registry that contains the semantic identification
information for each element, and the BP execution should link to the
transformation mechanism. Without human intervention. In english. ; >

By the way, the UDEF has been picked up by the Open Group as the
potential host for the data element trees:

http://www.opengroup.org/projects/udef/protected/

Let's remove the human mapping activity, eventually. Comments?