Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] ebBP 3/15/2005: Comments re: AnyProtocolFailure Update(wd 10)

Dale, I understand your comments. Therefore we need to make some
decisions. We currently these states defined:

    * ProtocolSuccess
    * AnyProtocolFailure
    * RequestReceiptFailure
    * RequestAcceptanceFailure
    * ResponseReceiptFailure
    * ResponseAcceptanceFailure
    * SignalTimeout
    * ResponseTimeout
    * BusinessSuccess (isPositiveResponse=true or no isPositiveResponse
      attribute)
    * BusinessFailure(isPositiveResponse=false)
    * Success (both protocol and business success)
    * Failure (AnyProtocolFailure or BusinessFailure)

We have a generic Failure (see above). I would think that we could have
a generic Failure and not be able to determine if it was
AnyProtocolFailure or Business Success (but the parties know as they
have additional information in an agreement).  However, in order to
support the condition BOTH a Business and technical failure occur, seems
logical that Failure is an 'and.' Otherwise we live with 'and/or' and
let it be defined by the parties. I think the former is clearer but that
is just me. We'll discuss today. Comments welcome. Thanks.