Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] ebBP 3/21/2005: Comment re: Business Retries and Exception Signals (wd10/schema 2-22)

Title: RE: [ebxml-bp] ebBP 3/21/2005: Comment re: Business Retries and Exception Signals (wd10/schema 2-22)

re: "-> only used in a RequestingBusinessActivity
if there is no default value does that mean there is no retry?"

 >>mm1: Correct. John, can you input here if I have misconstrued.

Actually, if the number of retries is not specified, then the partners have not agreed to a retry protocol.

My take is: in that case, the initiating partner MAY retry as many or as few times as they choose.

If you do NOT want your partner to retry, then the number of retries should be explicitly ZERO.

Thanks!
John