Subject: RFC2119 keywords

Hi,

I am reading through the WD11 and wondering how RFC2119 keywords should
be used in the WD. My understanding of RFC2119 keywords is that they are
for what specification requires implementer to do with particular
element of the specification. So, if the specification say "MAY", a
implementer can drop that feature and claim the implementation is
compliant to the specification.

There are some instances of RFC2119 keywords in the spec that I think
needs clarification. One good example is at line 650, "Packages MAY
contain other packages." What does this really mean?

1) Packages can be nested and implementation MUST support such nesting
2) Nesting of package is OPTIONAL for ebBP compliant implementation.

I suppose the use of "MAY" signify 2), but what we really mean is 1).

I may be picking too much details, but this can confuse ebBP software
implementers.

Sorry if I'm missing something -- I can totally misunderstand RFC2119.

Regards,
Kenji