Subject: Re: ebBP 4/7/2005: Comment re:uuid (relates to Versioning comments)[wd11-schema 4/1]

Hi
See below.

> Regardless, the uuid is valuable for use in
> implementation. [end-add]

How about being a bit formal and explicit here:

Tools MAY use uuid attrbute value as unique reference to particular ebBP
instance within a namespace of a repository.

BTW, I'm not fully sure if uuid attribute is really useful for
reference. I suppose not...
Only ProcessSpecification element has uuid attribute, that is, the value
is exactly the same with the one repository assigned to ebBP instance.
Tools can query the repository to find find particular ebBP instance,
without looking into ebBP...
(UML tools, such as Rational Rose put uuid on every modeling elements,
to allow direct reference to it.)

Just being curious about the usage.

Kenji