Subject: ebBP 5/23/2005: Comment re: Multiple Joins on a Fork? (wd-2-0-1-03)

We discussed fork-join in our call 19 April 2005, as the detailed
comment was received after the vote started for the v2.0 Committee
Specification. [1] We decided at that time that no substantive change
would be considered, and other improvements could be considered for v3.0.

Section 3.4.11.1
Change from:
For XOR or OR Fork, this does not rule out different joins pertaining to
states emerging from a Fork or Forks. This allows a split in processing
between a group all of which must be done and one where at least one (or
more) is sufficient for the transition. The behavior of Forks over Joins
is implementation specific.

Change to:
For XOR or OR Fork, this does not rule out different joins pertaining to
states emerging from a Fork or Forks. This allows a split in processing
between a group all of which must be done and one where at least one (or
more) is sufficient for the transition. As bounded by Fork semantics,
multiple joins may be allowed for a fork (multiple dependencies exist).
The behavior of Forks over Joins may be handled by monitoring
capabilities (for example, detection via static analysis).

Reassess in v3.0.

Please provide any comments or changes/additions. Talk to you on Tuesday.

[1] Reference Meeting Notes post:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200504/msg00056.html