Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] JBOSS V3 and BPSS?

Monica,

I do not think a BPSS -> BPEL mapping is possible at this point - I gave up on that myself a year ago!

Anyway - yes - I think it would be highly useful to look at how say JBOSS + Hermes could be configured - where JBOSS is an extension to the ebMS transport layer to provide some subset of BPSS process flow handling.  Having a rule engine as part of this is obviously also useful.

Let's ping them and get their thoughts - now they have made the JBOSS more pluggable...

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: Monica J Martin <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, October 12, 2005 9:29 am
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Cc: ebXML BP <ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>

> webber: "JBoss also released a new version of its workflow engine on
> Tuesday. JBPM 3.0 features a new pluggable architecture, simplified
> persistence and extended task management"
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/JBoss+salivates+over+Drools/2100-3513_22-5893149.html?part=netscape-zdnet&tag=mynetscape&subj=technews
> <http://news.zdnet.com/JBoss+salivates+over+Drools/2100-3513_22-5893149.html?part=netscape-zdnet&tag=mynetscape&subj=technews>
>
> This seems like a fertile environment that could be extended to
> support BPSS processing - just an FYI that we should visit on what
> their new pluggable architecture means - if that could be utilized to
> implement a BPSS processor...
>
> DW

Earlier this year, Tom Baeyens attended one of our sessions David. [1]
At that time he was working with a jbpm.org expert, Ron. At that time
they wished to do a WS-BPEL to ebBP mapping. Perhaps we should contact
them again as they may be ready to engage this now. I'd be happy to
query them. Thanks.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebxml-bp/document.php?document_id=10982

Reference: tom.baeyens@jboss.com; ronald@jbpm.org