Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] ebBP 11/1/2005: Brief Mention on Other CollaborationUse Cases

As an update, I would propose that we provide an additional reference
and brief mention, recognizing the value of the examples in Robert
Glushko's book. I've added a brief mention to the changes proposed and
accepted for Section 3.4.1.  I'd appreciate any comments on this update.

Change to: (Change from in original message below)
A Business Collaboration is a set of Business Activities executing
Business Transactions between business partners or collaborating
parties. Each business partner plays one or more abstract partner roles
in the Business Collaboration. The state of the Business Collaboration
is logical between the parties interacting in a peer-to-peer rather than
a controlled environment. The virtual state of the Business
Collaboration lies with the involved partners.  Peer-to-peer
collaboration may involve business partners as well as distributed
collaborating parties. For the latter, one example may be
cross-organizational collaboration between parties involved in technical
publishing where the nested, complex activities may be required to
support an authoring process. Cross-organizational collaboration may
occur in many organizations, such as the many government departments and
agencies enabling eGovernment.  The relevance of and use of the business
transaction patterns in such an environment is discussed in the book by
Robert Glushko and Tim McGrath, _Document Engineering - Analyzing and
Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services_.

Footnote:
http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/%7Eglushko/DocumentEngineeringBookDraft/DEBook/ch9_FINAL.pdf
http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/%7Eglushko/DocumentEngineeringBookDraft/DEBook/ch10_FINAL.pdf