Subject: ebBP 12/2/2005: Following on Tuesday TC Discussion (JB Clark)

On Tuesday, Jamie Clark attended our TC call to update the team on
CEFACT collaboration.

    * Current condition
          o In OASIS, the ebBP v2.0.1 is progressing successfully.
          o We were apprised just recently that CEFACT TMG has done some
            work on v1.1 refurbishment and is trying to consider what to
            do with it. CEFACT has contacted us on how to collaborate.
            Moberg, Martin and I have spoken with that group.
          o Need to consider options within the OASIS policy constraints
            such as OASIS liaison policy. [1]
    * Early indications of preferences
          o Don't delay ebBP v2.0.1 - move to OASIS Standard and engage
            in manageable liaison with CEFACT.
          o ISO promotion is OASIS organization decision. Realizing
            collaboration (or differences) in ISO is not a preferred
            option.
          o Quantify what will enable CEFACT to support ebBP v2.0.1.
          o There may be differing priorities of work in CEFACT
            (modeling focus) and OASIS (driving ebBP to specification
            completion and community use to engage pilots and projects).
            We are seeing quality reference implementations occur or
            evolve and want to progress forward with adoption without delay.
    * Future efforts
          o There may opportunity for co-located meetings (Vancouver
            March 2006 most realistic) to further our mutual goals.
          o Get more TC member feedback.
          o Co-chairs and Jamie Clark meet again with CEFACT TMG team.

More details are found in the meeting minutes that will be posted
today.  Jamie Clark has asked that any observer, member or voting member
on this list respond back to Dale, Jamie and I with comments - whether
via phone, whether individually or to the list.  We encourage your
comments on this item of interest.

Jamie Clark will likely add other insights to this email and post to our
TC list. Thanks.

[1] Reference: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php