Subject: ebBP 12/19/2005: European Project for ebBP

We have another European project that has started to model their
business processes using ebBP. That team will advise when their model
definitions and specific questions can be made public.  In the interim,
I've extracted a few relevant comments for us to consider. I understand
these were received outside of the comment period. However, we can
decide what action could occur and when (and if).

   1. How to rationalize the guidance in the process definition for QoS,
      quality and document security to what is effected at the messaging
      level? I responded that the guidance in the process definition
      isn't dictating the messaging constraint. The actual constraint is
      applied via the CPP/A.  Therefore, the guidance in the process
      definition and the messaging level constraint and execution can be
      separate but complementary. We discussed this earlier in the
      specification cycle whereby you may require specific QoS
      expectations at the business level and leave the actual mechanism
      to the concrete implementation layer (and when delegated to the
      messaging infrastructure).
   2. Can more information be added for business signals? This sprung
      from a need to add more information particularly when user-defined
      signals were used. We currently leave unspecified the format of a
      user-defined signal except to reference its intent and how it is
      used in business transactions.  Do we need to consider an
      extensibility mechanism for the business signals defined?
   3. Can you allow more than one ToLink on a transition? A transition
      with condition expressions can only transition to one ToLink.
      However, you can transition to several different states
      (BusinessSuccess, BusinessFailure, etc).  I defer to John Yunker
      and Dale Moberg on the idea of having more than one ToLink for
      transition. Logically you could have success and then a decision
      is triggered or needed (enable condition that a decision should be
      made) because of the preconditions used (if automated).

Thanks to Pim van der Eijk for these comments. Regards.