Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] RE: OMG Think Tank

Dale,

Actually I think you have the ANSWERS - not the 3 questions!!!

So here's the Q's I'd suggest:

1) What is the unique value and need that BPSS is providing?

2) Why do business people need to understand what BPSS offers?

3) How does BPSS differentiate from / align with - existing / competing solutions?

and then your answers go on slides 2 and 3!?!

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ebxml-bp] RE: OMG Think Tank
From: "Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>
Date: Fri, May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
To: "Sally St. Amand" <sallystamand@yahoo.com>
Cc: <ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>

BPSS has a considerably different abstraction level than some other BP description approaches.

It has a focus on providing a declarative (but prescriptive) documentation of the BP document exchange contracts among participants.

It attempts to describe the public process messaging flow and logic only, and not the internal private state machine flows that produce or consume messages. The kind of information used to control message flow is found in the document types (or in selected document content, used to distinguish among document types).

It has two kinds of completion states, Success and Failure.

It provides ways to specify a lot of QOS security and timing parameters that describe requirements on the implementations.

It has a set of signals (positive and exceptions) that are associated with important alignment milestones that are time limited (time to perform, time to acknowledge acceptance of the request as a valid request, time to acknowledge receipt).

It has a means to require or constrain visibility of sub collaboration status and events (visibility annotations).

I am afraid that is more than 3 items, though. I am not sure what will be of most interest. I would probably make up slides for all the main points and try to guess in real time what might connect up to other participant interests…